I gave up New Year's Resolutions some time ago but in case you need a few to follow, here are 10 for your kitchen:
1. Sharpen knives
2. Season cast iron skillet
3. Make fresh chicken stock
4. Discard items in the freezer that are past their "use by" date
5. Restock pantry items
6. Polish copper if you are lucky enough to have it
7. Seal stone and tile surfaces
8. Run the oven cleaner
9. Flush the sink drain with a mixture of white vinegar, baking soda and boiling water
10. Clean your coffee maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
Now, look through the index of this blog and try a new recipe before the week is out! You're ready!
- Recipes & Random Thoughts
- I have been cooking my way through life for over 50 years, beginning with mud pies as a child. I've turned a corner now and feel a Renaissance in my life. Recipes and Random Thoughts is my personal spin in a blog about how to prepare good food and how it prepares you for life. I want to share with you, honest to goodness food punctuated with perspective from the special memories and moments that have marked my journey.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
New Year's Kitchen Resolutions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment